We are working with the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and Sheffield GP practices to support adults with learning disabilities to attend their Annual Health Check. This can be done independently or with the support of a carer.
An Annual Health Check should be carried out once a year by a healthcare professional at your GP practice and will take a closer look at how you are doing – making sure you’re healthy.
- It is available for most people aged 14 and older with a learning disability
- You don’t need to be ill to get a health check, but you can ask your doctor about anything that is hurting or worrying you
- It is a good way to get to know your doctor better, and for them to find out more about you.
How can we help you?
- Answer any questions you have about your Annual Health Check
- Book an appointment at a convenient time and place
- Support with planning transport to the appointment
- Support during the appointment
- Help setting up home visits or online appointments
If you would like to apply for help with your Annual Health Check, please click here to download our referral form